The Cheetah Classroom- Lead Teacher is Heidi Huitt
Welcome to the Cheetah room! This room is for preschool children 4 – 5 years of age. This is an age of tremendous social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. In the Cheetah room, many positive learning experiences are provided in preparation for early success and school readiness.
Children enrolled here at Little Panther full time are automatically enrolled in our Preschool Program. Four year old preschool is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. The Preschool Program is from September through the following May.
There is a daily schedule posted outside the classroom on the parent bulletin board. Activities throughout the day include: center play, small and large group time (stories and songs), art and outdoor time (large motor).
Just a few things…
Staff/Child Ratios – Staff to child ratio in the Cheetah room for our four year olds is 1:12.
Nap Time -Your child will rest/nap daily from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. Please send a small blanket to leave here at the center for your child. We will wash weekly or as needed.
Meals – If your child is here during our meal times they will receive breakfast (if here before 7:30 a.m.), morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack. During meal times the staff sit with the children to encourage good table manners. Before each meal, the kiddos at Little Panther say “the Wish”. In case your child is trying to say this at home it goes like this… “We wish for peace, food and happiness for all the children of the world. Now we may begin.”
- Small blanket for nap
- Extra clothes in case of accidents, spills or otherwise
- Water bottle for drinking throughout the day/outside play
Things We Work On…
- Continuing to work on self help skills such as putting on and zipping our coats, taking care of our own needs such as plates/cups at mealtimes, toys, and personal items in our cubbies.
- Language skills to help them verbally express their wants and needs.
- Social/emotional skills to help them identify, understand and express their emotions
For a printed version of this information, please click here… Cheetah Room